Dating Advice within the Katch App : FAQs (9)
Self doubt is because you are into the result and not the process of what you are doing. You have go to create fun in what you are doing. You need to be unburdened.
Most women have a 5 second rule, where they assess the first 5 seconds a man acts while around her. If he acts nervous then this is a turn off.
Ways to Just Say Hi, without just saying Hi:
- Hi, how was your weekend?
- Hey, how’s your week going so far?
- Hi. What have you been up to lately?
- Hey, how are things with you today?
- Hi, any fun plans for the weekend?
- Hi, I hope your week is going well.
- Hi, how are you?
- Hi there. How’s life treating you today?
- Hey, what are you up to today?
- Just stopping by to say hello. Hello!
- I just had to say hi to you. Hi!
- What’s up? How are you?
- How’s your day going so far?
- I hope you’re having a nice day
- Hi there, how are you?
- Just wanted to say hi!
- Hey there!
- Hi, I hope you’re having a great day.
- Saw your profile and just had to say hi.
- Hey, what are you up to right now?
- I can’t think of anything better than getting a reply from you.
- I want this message to be the reason you smile at your screen.
- Do you ever feel like something really great is about to happen? I kind of feel that way now.
- If you respond to one message today, let it be mine.
- I kind of, sort of, well, pretty much think you seem amazing. Want to chat sometime?
- If you wanted to talk, it’d definitely make my day… or maybe year.
- Hello. Also, you are amazing.
- Could you please reply to this message and make me feel like the luckiest person in the world?
- You have no idea how happy it would make me to talk to you.
- You had me at It’s a Match.
- I tend to wear my heart on my profile.
- Hello, bonjour, aloha, salut! (I wasn’t sure how to say hi, so I tried a bunch.)
- Rawr means hello in dinosaur. RAWR!
- That awkward moment when you try to message a guy/girl and all you can think of is hello.
- Just saying hi. Because I’m annoying like that.
- I’m willing to risk the cooties if you are.
- I like how your nose is in the middle of your face. That’s really cute.
- I like hugs.
- I will always tell you when you have something in your teeth. That’s just the kind of person I am.
- I’d love to talk to you. For reals. No fakesies.
- I think I quite fancy you.
- You seem super duper.
- Double thumbs up to you.
- Anyone can be cool but awesomeness like yours takes practice.
- You (yes, you) are the person I want to talk to.
- I don’t flirt, but I will totally seduce you with my awkwardness.
- I’m looking for someone I can be a complete nerd with. You interested?
- I like it when a guy/girl talks nerdy to me.
- I’m the good kind of weird. How about you?
- You deserve a whole sheet of gold stars.
- The truth? I like you a lot. And I don’t even know you yet. I just have an idea.
- I passed by your photo too many times not to stop a say hi.
- My atoms are attracted to your atoms. It’s chemistry.
- Hello amazingness.
- You make me smile. That is all.
- You had me at online now.
- I want to be the reason you look into your phone and smile.
- I was more excited to see your profile photo than pizza. And I really like pizza.
- I bet my dog would like you.
- I bet my cat would like you.
Questions to Break the Ice:
- What’s something you could talk about for hours?
- What type of stuff do you like to do on the weekend?
- What kinds of things do you like to do for fun?
- What’s a typical day in your life like?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What do you like to do when you go out?
- What type of stuff do you do in your spare time?
- If you could be a character in any movie, who would you be?
- What actor/actress would play you in the movie of your life?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s one thing I should know about you that’s not on your profile?
- What’s your favorite sports team?
- How did you pick your display name?
- What’s one saying you try to live by?
- Do you have any tattoos? If you got one what would you get?
- Are you close to your family?
- If you could choose a superpower what would it be?
- What’s the nerdiest thing you’re willing to admit?
- What are you most likely to stay up all night talking about?
- I love hearing other people’s stories. Do you have a good one to tell?
- What’s your idea of the perfect day?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s one city you want to travel to?
- What’s your favorite band?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What’s one great book you’ve recently read?
- Are you an adventurous person?
- What’s your favorite cocktail?
- What’s your favorite restaurant?
- Would you describe yourself as a romantic person?
- Yes or no: Do you like to dance?
- Yes or no: Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Yes or no: Are you romantic?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- Where did you grow up?
- Are you an outgoing person or are you on the shy side?
- Do you like working out?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What are your favorite things to do in your spare time?
- Do you have any hobbies you’re passionate about?
- Are you an outdoorsy person?
- Do you play any sports?
- What’s one thing you’d bring with you to a deserted tropical island?
- What’s the fondest memory you have?
- What’s your favorite place in the whole world?
- Tell me one random fact about yourself.
- If you had three wishes from a genie, what would you wish for?
- If you could redo a year of your life over again, what year would it be?
Preparation is the key. The more prepared you are for a Katch Event, the better the outcome will be.
Good looking people get hit on by alot of people often, so its vital to stand out while at the same time being yourself. Many dating consultants differ on what to do while in front of a good looking person, but at Katch we are all about repetitive practice.
If we were to ask you to grade certain people (male and female) out of 10 and were to ask which of these have you no problem chatting with for less than 30 seconds and which for longer than 30 seconds. Lets say you said people of the same sex / less than 5 out of 10.
We then ask you on a daily basis speak with random strangers within this group, as many as possible until it becomes second nature. Once happy and comfortable at this level, increase this to the opposite sex and repeat until comfortable. Then over time increase to high level people, but remember to only increase when you are super comfortable.
The goal here is to just be yourself and speak to people as if you are speaking with your siblings. Do not fake anything or lie – just be yourself. The less “fake till you make it” you do the easier it will be for the listener to reciprocate.
You are never going to force someone to like you. But if they do like the real you, then the next transition to asking him/her out and dating will be much easier as its based on reality.
- Eye contact with you
- Accidental touching
- Laughing and smiling a lot around you (showing teeth and smiley eyes)
- She touching her hair a lot – where she wants to be her best.
- Adjustments to her clothes – where she wants to be her best.
- Avoiding talking about past relationships
- Body turns towards and into you
- Asking random questions so the conversation lasts longer.
- In a group setting, their friends look at you a lot.
- Sending flirty text messages (with emojis)
- They are nervous around you (talking too fast, sweaty hands, etc). Take control of this situation and hold her hand.
- They introduce you to your friends. (show manners in front of their friends – remember their names)
- They try and impress you, they do small tasks for you.
- She initiates the kissing
NEVER GIVE A GIRL A COMPLIMENT ABOUT HER LOOKS – EVER.
Instead tell her she is smart and then follow up by asking her to teach you something.
She will be taken aback abit and she won’t be able to answer right away – she will need time to think (20 seconds or so)
Then watch her eyes light up and she will start to open up and talk. You will need a few follow up questions to keep the dialogue going like “Oh thats cool, how did that happen or how does that work” etc.
She will leave this engagement and have you in her mind for hours.